Well Hello, Nice To Meet You
White Ocean Consulting is a small business that offers truly professional service while striving to be different. If you stumbled upon my website because you’re looking for a senior-level communications professional, good news! You’re in the right place.
Before I lose you to a mega agency, have you considered the cost savings of hiring an independent professional for your communications needs?
The thing about a traditional agency is you’re paying for things that don’t matter. Cushy “agency stuff” like catered lunches, fancy offices, an AP department, or maybe a ping pong table. Sometimes you’re also paying for people who do jobs that you don’t need.
Keep scrolling to learn more about the value I can bring to your business.
What I Do
I’m actually a lot of things rolled into one. As one of my clients (a Sr. Digital Marketing Manager) recently said:
“Elizabeth is a gifted writer, project manager, photographer & creative director who sees the big picture. She [is a] rare communications professional who possesses an eye for design, a web/technical background & the ability to craft a clear message that conveys exactly what is needed for your target audience.
I have more than 15 years of experience in corporations, startups and agencies. I’ve been an independent consultant since 2013 because I wanted more control over my life. I’m not a hobbyist or a moonlighter; I’m a professional who simply no longer wanted to be stuck in a cubicle (ok, there was that one time when I had an office). I am open to salaried work, but I’ve not yet found a company willing to offer me the autonomy and flexility I need to thrive.
Most clients like to use me for digital marketing initiatives, end user communications, training development or internal communications. I am also brought in to fix problematic copy or training, and to determine the overall strategy or direction of projects.
As you make your business decisions, consider the following facts:
- Google ranks content readability as one of its strongest factors for SEO (meaning clear content that is well-researched and is free of grammatical errors).
- “Sticky” content that holds reader attention and prevents a return to search results is also king (gone are the days of outsourcing to cheap writers solely for bulk).
- Authoritative, high quality content allows companies to build backlinks and a social media presence, which is important for rankings and overall growth.
I know that what makes any piece of content successful is an understanding of the target messaging and the target audience, plus a dose of creativity. I also know that exceptional writing takes years of practice and a dedication to the craft. I do this one (really important to your business) thing, and I do it well.
Grow Your Organization With Quality Content
Words are powerful, and too many organizations skimp on their writing talent. It usually comes back to bite them in the form of failed marketing campaigns, ineffective websites, ignored e-blasts, or poor conversions.
Copywriting is my first love, and I enjoy not only working on strategy but also producing content. My goal is to:
- Deliver useful information, provide entertainment, and create more personal relationships through content
- Offer up words on your website, blog, emails or even intranet that your audience enjoys and connects with
- Give your customers words that motivate, that sell, that engage, that tell a story
- Show you how to use the English language to do more than just create sentences
Step one? Choosing the right person to take you there (cough, me?).
Or dive right in and browse my services. I look forward to hearing from you!
Working with Elizabeth has been a true pleasure. She has learned about our subject matter quickly, and provided deliverables under an extremely tight deadline. More importantly, she has been able to skillfully craft copy and messaging that is engaging and effective. Plus she is incredibly pleasant to work with! I would recommend her without hesitation.”